Monday, September 27, 2004

Weekend Observation

Well, my Orwellian fears of despotic plots to undermine the republic have yielded to a fairly benign weekend (at least in that arena). I did however stumble over a rather interesting quote from Thomas Jefferson from his Notes on Virginia. It's a quickie, just a little blurb, but it, in the style of Enlightenment politicians, is rather profound. "It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."

I'm not going to expound on it. A far wiser man than I said it, and I'll leave it to you, dear readers, to ponder his meaning. Personally, I choose to ponder it in relation to the war. It seems to me that for a just war fought on the honest pretenses of freedom and democracy there's an awful lot of spin control. Just a thought.

No comments: